Hellooooooo! Yes, it’s been a long time since my last post and I hope you can forgive me. Priorities changed and I had to shift focus for a little while. Actually, my focus has shifted profusely! I went back to school in March. I will be a bachelor degree toting nurse by 2020, God willing. Why the shift in my passion? It hasn’t really. I’ve always had a desire to help people, that is why this blog was started in the first place. Being a nurse I will be able to help people on an entirely different level. God gives us all desires and passions, and I believe the desire to become a nurse came directly from him. So with the strength instilled in me by him I have maintained straight A’s so far and my family hasn’t taken too big of a hit.
I actually LOVE school. I am a much better student at this point in my life than I ever was. I am getting much more out of it this time, even the classes I am not so into, like Philosophy. Ugh, that class was interesting to say the least.
As of today I start my chemistry and Anatomy classes. I am not a math person so chemistry is going to challenge me, but I’ve taken Anatomy before and am so looking forward to dissecting everything! I promise not to post pics on the blog of dissections, although I can’t say the same about my instagram. You have been warned!
So, needless to say life is busy in our household. But, eating and being healthy is still a priority to all of us. I do NOT want to put on the freshmen 15, and want to continue to feed my brood in a healthy manner, no excuses. So instead of the recipes you are used to on Decadently Fit, the recipes will now be super easy and quick, lots of crock pot ideas.
The recipe below is tonight’s dinner, crock pot roast chicken. It took me a matter of 10 minutes to prepare this dish. For those with limited culinary knowledge you don’t have to be afraid of this dish, it’s beginner friendly. I will be serving it will frozen organic broccoli and frozen organic brown rice. Quick, easy, healthy, minimal clean up.
Cheers to new adventures, creating new goals and maintaining a healthy family!
- 1 5 lb. roasting whole chicken
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Combine the spices in a small bowl
- Remove the giblets from the chicken, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chopped onion in the bottom of a 6 qt. crockpot
- Rub the chicken with the spices and set on top of the onion.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 4 - 8 hours or until a thermometer shows 165 degrees in the thigh.
- If you would like the skin crispier remove the chicken from the crockpot place on foil covered cookie sheet and broil the chicken for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.